Spring Craft Show
2014 Craft Show Dates
Spring Craft Show 2014 is May 17th (rain date May 24th)
Fall Craft Show 2014 is September 20th (rain date September 27th)
NOTE: You may participate in either or both shows.
The Pitman Craft Shows have been a town tradition for more than 30 years. The festivals boast more than 200 crafters, all displaying their handmade wares, and attracts upwards of 10,000 shoppers.
The shows are held in the main corridors of Pitman, along Broadway and Pitman Ave., in the heart of Uptown Pitman. Shoppers will find many seasonal items. Vendors at both shows sell a variety of crafts, ranging from jewelry to florals, wood crafts and hand sewn items, fresh foods from vendors and Pitman's own eateries, and much much more. Many of the local non-profits also participate in the festival to support their fundraisers, truly making this a community affair. Come experience fun this Pitman tradition!
Directions for Pitman's Craft Shows:
From Route 55 - take exit 53A on CR553 (Woodbury-Glassboro Rd.) toward Pitman/Glassboro.
Turn Right onto Lambs Rd. (CR635). Turn Left onto Broadway (CR553 Alt), straight to downtown Pitman.
Questions concerning the craft shows?
Online purchase of craft show spaces
In order to reserve your space you MUST click here to download, fill out, and mail the 2014 Craft Show Registration Form.
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader® to download. Free download here.
Check out these photos from previous Craft Shows!
- Only handmade craft objects which are the creation of the exhibitor may be displayed and sold at the show. Any person exhibiting manufactured items will be REMOVED ON THE SPOT. (Entry fee is non-refundable.)
- Entry fee is: $100.00 - single space Spring Show or $110.00 - single space Fall Show or $200.00 - Both shows, 1 single space each show. Approximate space size is 10' x 10', but size varies with specific location. Fee payment will entitle the exhibitor to one reserved exhibition area; you supply table, racks, canopy, chair, etc.
- Displays must be set up by 9:00 a.m. or earlier on Saturday morning and removed no earlier than 4:00 p.m. You will be expected to observe these hours. At 4:00 p.m. pack your merchandise and dismantle your display. When your display is packed up, then and only then, bring your vehicle into the show area and load it as quickly as possible. NO CARS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE EXHIBIT AREA AFTER 8:00 A.M. or BEFORE 4:00 P.M. THIS IS A SAFETY MATTER!
- Exhibitors will consent to the use of their name and any photographs for publicity purposes with further permission unless they address any objections or limitations to the Greater Pitman Chamber of Commerce in writing prior to the show.
- Exhibitors must leave walking path for shoppers and show visitors. If your exhibit interferes with walking traffic, you will be asked to move and assigned whatever space is available. Canopies are restricted to certain areas.
- In the event of inclement weather, the show may be delayed or rescheduled for the following Saturday. If weather is questionable, a decision will be made by 11:00 p.m. the night before the show. Call (856)582-3444 to hear this information. More phone numbers will be listed in your confirmation letter. Since money will have already been spent for printing and advertising, there will be NO REFUNDS for any reason.
- Parking for crafters will be restricted to lots outlined in your confirmation notice. You may unload and reload on the right-hand side only in the downtown areas and then move your car to parking areas provided.
- **NEW REQUIREMENT FOR ALL CRAFTERS** Registration, along with 2-3 pictures of your handmade work, must be received in return mail by March 15. Monies received after March 15 will be subject to a $30.00 Late Fee per show. All incoming registrations will be sorted by postmark and filed in the following manner: a. Spring & Fall Crafters who attended the previous year requesting their same location will be assigned first for their respective show. For instance, if your spot was X1 in Spring 2009, you will receive X1 for the Spring 2010 show. Fall 2009 X1 will be X1 for Fall 2010. b. Crafters who attended the previous year that are requesting a new location or switching shows, please indicate your new choice. If that location is available, it will be assigned to you. If location requested is not available, we will assign you a new comparable spot. Please be as specific as you can with your request. c. Any registration postmarked after cut-off date of March 15 will not be guaranteed a spot.
- Location confirmation letters will be mailed when registration is complete. The Spring Show crafters will be scheduled and notified by mid April, Fall crafters will be notified late August.
Concerns/Issues As We Move Forward
- Generators: Honda 1000 or 2000 generators are manditory. If yours is not that, it won't be allowed to run. Consider this in any rentals/purchases you plan to make.
- Non hand made items: As we all know, a number of vendors (we won't call them crafters) are trying to sell either non handmade or only slightly added to items. These are not Crafts and do not belong in our show. The decision on this matter is unilaterally ours and best case, you will be asked to remove those specific items; worst case you'll be asked to leave the current show (no refunds), and not be invited back for the next one. We also reserve the right to "pre-inspect' previous violators prior to your unloading the day of the show.
- Packing Up At The End Of The Day: As we try to keep our police costs down, we need to vacate the streets as soon as possible. Accordingly, as you prepare to leave, prior to getting your vehicle, have your crafts packaged, and your display broken down so your time in the street is limited to LOADING your vehicle only. Since this is already policy, we will be passing along our extra costs for additional policing in the form of an "after 5:00" ticket for those who don't comply.
- Local Merchants: Please give us some written feedback on how things went for you during last years shows.
- Crafter Parking: Is to be at Bright Beginnings, not on local streets. While maybe not fully enforced previously, it may be and we look for your compliance and courtesy to all our customers.
Dear Local Business,Thanks you for your interest in sponsoring the Pitman Craft Shows. The Craft Shows in Pitman are one of the largest and longest running shows in the local region. For over 30 years the Pitman Craft Shows have brought thousands of people from VA to New England and as far west as Ohio to display and shop through our quaint downtown district.As a sponsor, the potential for your business' exposure will reach over 400 crafters through direct mailing, as well as approximately 3000-5000 shoppers at our Spring Show and 8000-10,000 shoppers at our Fall Show, not to mention the exposure through local advertising, website, etc.The following is a brief summary of the benefits of sponsoring our Craft Shows:
- Print ads with your business' logo as sponsor. Ads are run up to 5 times in each of the following publications: Courier Post, Gloucester County Times, Trend, Centinnel, Pitman Today.
- Business logo printed on confirmations and directly mailed to over 400 crafters spanning over 5 states.
- Business logo listed on uptownpitman.com with link to your co's website.
- Business logo on signage displayed at show.
- Business logo on banner across Broadway in downtown Pitman
- Ability to display in up to 2 locations day of Craft Show to handout company literature, brochures, etc. to crowd.
- GPCC will exhibit flexibility in facilitating sponsor's needs to obtain the most exposure, i.e. sponsor supplied exhibits, banners, etc. (certain perameters apply).
- Previous year's sponsor will be offered 1st opportunity to obtain current year's sponsorship.